Here's a Kwik and easy solution to your LSx engine swap
- You may have clearance issues with the frame or crossmember.
That's especially true for chassis such as S-10s, early Camaros
and Chevelles, and many full size Chevy pickups.
- You want to use your F-body or truck alternator and "Type 2"
remote reservoir power steering pump, but place them in the
Here's how to solve those problems:
- Keep your current alternator and pump.
- Mount them with a bracket kit from Kwik Performance, Inc.,
available in three different versions: Corvette; 98-02 Camaro &
Firebird/GTO; and truck/2010-11 Camaro.
- Stresses and vibrations evaluated with Finite Element Analysis
and prototype testing.
- All pulleys aligned with each other within SAE specifications.
- Zinc plated fasteners used throughout for corrosion resistance
and great appearance.
- All brackets made from 6061-T6 aluminum for light weight, good
looks, and rust-free appearance. Matches the all-aluminum LSx
- All plates are cut on a computer-controlled, ultra-high pressure
- All tensioners, pulleys, belts, compressors, alternators, etc. are
standard, easily available items.
- Front and rear attachment plates.
- Spacer tubes
- Idler pulley mount.
- All fasteners needed to attach the brackets to the engine, and
the alternator and pump to the brackets.
- Smooth idler pulley.
What else is required to complete the installation:
- Six-rib belt, length such that the tensioner indicator arrow is
between the max and min marks.
- Any LSx alternator from a Corvette, F-body, or truck/SUV.
- Almost any Type 2 remote reservoir power steering pump. 2004
GTO pump does not fit.
- Compatible power steering pulley, with proper offset.
*shown with an optional a/c bracket, but also works with the stock style tensioner. We sell a ton of these locally, it may take up to a week for yours to ship.